Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Premier RV ...the job AFTER Country Coach


The other day it came up again, the question I’ve heard a quite a few times over the past few years. “Why are you at Premier RV? Is it a big enough challenge, after Country Coach? What do you do for Premier?"  
The two jobs are very different in terms of responsibility, job description, and in terms of the customer events budget I’m NOT managing here at Premier which I did at Country Coach…I miss the event planning, the rally coordination. I miss the award winning full color print magazine I was privileged to mother into existence each quarter, and the product brochures and owners manuals and guides to be updated each year.
What IS the same are the motorcoach owners who come through these doors….Wow!  The friendliest, most fun-loving bunch. Plus I admire the owners of this business. At Premier RV of Oregon I am actually still on my old stomping grounds, so to speak. Gary Obermire and Louie Courtemanche bought 26+ acres of the original Country Coach LLC campus. They are men of character and integrity and they love people almost as much as I do. Customer Experience was BIG back in the Marketing department of my past…Customers MATTER at Premier too. That’s important to me.
I have flexibility to be where I need to be when I need to be. That’s a new thing for me. I did not give myself that flexibility at Country Coach LLC. to do all the 'family' things I could have as I was usually the one who turned on the lights and often the one who turned them out end of day in the CC building where I worked. I found I could never turn my mind "off."
Do I work this job in my sleep? No. Am I proud to be a part of the Premier RV success story as it keeps unfolding? You bet.   My Country Coach years will always be the Favorite job of my professional career in terms of fulfillment and passion for going to work each day, but Premier RV of Oregon has proven to be a great place “After Country Coach.”

Premier RV is a top notch service center. Some of the best highline former Country Coach technicians apply their considerable talents to the care and upkeep of motorcoaches. It’s nice to work with old friends from the Country Coach era…people who were always customer favorites at the rallies I coordinated. 
Premier is a premier storage facility too...indoor, secured, climate controlled. I am managing the contracts and monthly assessments of payments for the storage division and love it.
Premier RV is a great dealership. Some of the prettiest, best maintained pre-loved motorcoaches come through this dealership. I say come through as they don’t last long! Specializing in Country Coach and other Highline diesel motorcoaches, they have customers fly in from all points of the country to view the largest indoor showroom in the Pacific Northwest.
I count it a privilege to contribute my time and talents as a member of  the Premier team.  I'm proud to be affiliated with these guys….

And when my Country Coach friends come through the door, now that’s just frosting on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment