Monday, December 2, 2013

For Our RV Friends, Peanut Butter Bacon Bars Recipe


Peanut Butter Bacon Bars
as seen on the internet. . .recipe compliments of Beth Hannibal

LOVE BACON…CHOCOLATE…AND PEANUT BUTTER? Here’s a perfect recipe!   

“My theory on cooking is everything tastes better with bacon. So my friends always give me "bacon" items as gag gifts, and one of friends gave me this recipe. She said whatever you do; don't serve them while I am around the thought to her seemed gross. Well, I made them for a function and they disappeared, and then I started getting requests for them, and over the course of time I have "greased" the recipe a little to give it my own touch. Today it is one of my most asked about desserts. I have women ask me to make them for their husband's birthdays! By the way the friend that thought they would be gross now asks for them on a regular basis."   Beth Hannibal

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 c. crushed graham crackers
2 c. sugar
2 c. chocolate chips
1/4-lb. bacon

Start off by combining the butter, peanut butter, graham crackers and sugar in a bowl. Spread the mixture evenly into a 9" x 9" pan. Let the pan chill in your refrigerator for around 30 minutes before adding the layer of chocolate
While the bottom layer is in the fridge you can start frying your bacon. (The amount of bacon that is used can be more or less depending on taste.) Once bacon is ready, use a paper towel to blot off as much grease as possible and then chop it up into small pieces.

Start melting the chocolate chips. I also added five tablespoons of peanut butter to my melted chocolate and then mixed 3/4 of my diced bacon in with it as well.

Spread the melted chocolate over the bottom layer and then sprinkle the rest of your bacon on top of it. Another hour of cooling time in the refrigerator after that and your peanut butter bacon bars will be ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment