Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Day Dawning on the RV Industry In Junction City, Oregon

We’ve called a big old farmhouse on Powerline Road outside Harrisburg “home” for 20-something years. The Litte Muddy creek runs nearby, with towering trees setting a perimeter. The birds are among my favorite things about living where I live. They perch in the big old trees and start my days with a morning sonata. With coffee in hand I listen to the birds musical decree of a fresh day dawning ripe with possibilities. The RV industry feels just like that these days…I monitor the headlines on the RV business.com news and Greg Gerber’s RV Daily Reports and it all points to a bright future for RV dealers, manufacturers, park owners, and the many cottage industries that support those businesses. With news of expansions, growth, and strong sales projections you sense this industry is right on the cusp of that next step up on a steady recovery course it has been on for a couple of years now.


Right here in Junction City the same is true. You can sense that stability and expansion and upturn in business as motorcoachers are supporting the plethora of RV experts and businesses working their trade right here in Lane County. Countryside Interiors offers one of the largest assortments of interior furnishings in the Northwest; Remains of the Day and Interior Creations on Junction City’s main street is a must-visit for motorcoachers in town for service, maintenance, or renovation projects. Innovative Coachworks report they’re as busy as they could wish to be with renovations, sound system updates, and service work. Premier RV Services can’t seem to keep the pre-owned consignment motorcoaches in stock for more than a few weeks in their highline motorcoach sales division. They are not alone in this recurring message of building momentum. There are many others like Oregon Motorcoach Center, Guaranty RV Center, Carr Industries, Advanced Satellite, Millie’s Draperies, and Davis Cabinets who are strongly optimistic about 2013.


Ron Lee and the entire Country Coach Corporation team are sharing updates in their quarterly Destinations emailed newsletter that big news is on the horizon. Specifically, plans for a 2014 Country Coach motorhome are in the works. The return of a new Country Coach motorcoach to the nation’s highways is certainly a big news event for me and this community. Having invested over 20 years in the Country Coach story, nothing would please me more than to be standing at the curb on First Avenue when that very first 2014 Country Coach pulls out onto the street for its maiden voyage. It will be cause for applause.

 
I am writing this as I prepare to head in to Premier RVServices, a motorcoach sales/service/storage business in Junction City where I assist with anything marketing-related three days a week. With Country Coach Friends Incorporated’s club rallies on my brain...and in particular the summer rally’s menus, agendas, vendor space sales and other details, I find I am eager to “hit it” again today at Premier as well. I wonder which motorcoachers will pull in to Premier for service? Will today bring in special friends like Reg and Molly Baldwin of New Mexico…Steve Abandonato of Medford, or the Epperlys from Junction City?


Every day I invest in this local RV industry, I am heartfully thankful for whatever means by which I am able to be a part of Lane County’s RV industry recovery sonata.  Much like the birds out my morning window, I can’t help but feel excited about the possibilities for this new day and the continuing resurgence of the RV industry right here in Junction City, Oregon.


No comments:

Post a Comment